Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Interviews as “Value” Conversations

This blog post has relocated to a book, The WiseWorking Handbook. Please visit it there.  

Please purchase a copy at Balboa Press (http://bit.ly/1wfqwBU). 

For signed copies, reach me at craig@wiseworking.com

Thanks in advance for reading the book and spreading the word about it.

Finally, please rate it at Amazon.comBN.comGoodReads.com, and other websites where books are sold and reviewed. 



What readers are saying:

"The WiseWorking Handbook is written in a down to earth, engaging style.” - Bud Bulanich

"Get this book. Read it. Keep it handy for when you need a little inspiration or some solid advice on how to work wisely and increase your value at work.” - Bud Bulanich

2 comments:

ReeseCUP said...

Craig taught me this about 2 years ago now and it really works. When I am interviewing now it is a conversation instead of an interview, if I can steer it in that direction. So interviewers are the stick to the questions they wrote down type but I have had great conversations with so people in interviews. It also helps you learn the values of your potentially boss.

It was a learned skill, but as you said I learned to relax. I did A LOT of rehearsing with others and by myself. Just asking myself the questions you know they will ask and having my answer ready but not overly practiced either. I also would do research on the company on hoovers.com (now I have the advantage b/c the job I was working for had this but there is a free version). That also gave me some more information to talk about as far as their competitors, some of the industry news and anything new with their company.
Ok well that’s my comment hoped it helped and I am still working on my conversations.

Nixxie said...

I love point #5! What a great question to ask. And if I have rehearsed my value proposition, I'll be able to pull up different points, as required by the direction of the conversation. Thanks, Craig!